OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

I am fairly confident that most of us, at some time in our lives, have experienced trouble sleeping.
For some of us sleeplessness can come during times of transition…like when we move into a new home or travel. This type of disturbance in our sleep pattern will usually only last for a couple of nights.
Then there’s the type of insomnia that carries on for a couple to three weeks and is usually caused by anxiety or stress.
On the other hand, it’s chronic insomnia — or poor quality of sleep occurring three or more nights a week for months at a time – which can be a real cause for concern and generally requires an investigation to uncover the root cause of the problem.
Tips to Help You Sleep
Root causes for insomnia include a variety of medical, physical and lifestyle components. And if you suffer from chronic insomnia…uncovering the root cause is a must.
But in the meantime, there are several tips you can follow that may help you sleep better. For example:

• Create a bedtime routine. Note: Pat, over at Heal Thyself, had an excellent idea when she created the 10PM Bedtime Club. 
  • Don’t nap during the day.
  • Remember…too much sleep can be just a damaging as too little.
  • Always avoid caffeine and alcohol prior to bed.
  • Get to bed as soon as you can before midnight. Note: Some research suggests that every hour of sleep prior to 12 am is equal to 2 hours after.
  • Don’t eat – or drink – late in the evening.
  • Make sure you’re getting enough Magnesium in your diet.
  • Exercise daily.
  • Create a comfortable room. (i.e. clean sheets, lighting, noise, air flow, and temperature)
  • Read a book, pray/meditate, or journal.
  • Turn your alarm clock away from your line of sight. That way you’ll be less likely to keep checking the time.
  • Learn about the different herbs and natural remedies that will help induce a restful sleep.

Herbs that Help
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Valerianandhops-feature
Throughout time and cultures there have been several all-natural remedies created based on herbs known to help induce a restorative sleep.
A common remedy has always been an herbal tea blend — one designed specifically with herbs that produce a sedative effect.
Herbs such as:

• Chamomile provide soothing relief for the nervous system.
  • Oatstraw gives us balance.
  • Valerian and Hop flowers have the power to relax and induce a deep, restful sleep.
  • Passion flower will bring a sense of calm.

An All-Natural Sleep Aid
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid 0021-660x495
In my experience, there have been three extremely powerful natural remedies that have transformed the way I — and my family – sleep. And those have been herbal teas, homemade herbal sleep capsules, and the most effect has been the herbal tincture.
And the secret is the Valerian.
Valerian’s ability to help one sleep is literally incredible!
It works directly on the nervous system and produces a deep sleep almost instantly. Valerian:

• helps to quite a restless mind
  • is not habit-forming
  • does not cause a groggy feeling…in fact you should feel completely refreshed upon waking
  • is effectiveness against anxiety, stress, and headaches
  • can be taken in the middle of the night to help you fall back to sleep quickly
  • improves mental function

My favorite way to use Valerian is in a tincture form…and today I want to share my recipe with you.
Sleep Like a Rock Tincture
Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid 0033-660x495
Ingredients
-1 quart-sized glass mason jar
-2 oz. dried Valerian root
-0.5 oz. dried Hop flowers
-a mixture of 60% vegetable glycerin and 40% pure water to cover
Method
1. Measure out the herbs using a small kitchen scale and place them in a quart-sized mason jar.
2. Fill the jar with 60% glycerin and 40% pure water, leaving 1-2 inches of head-space.
3. Close the lid to the jar tightly and place it in a warm spot for 4-6 weeks. Shake vigorously each day.
4. Strain off the plant material using a cheese cloth and/or fine mesh strainer.
5. Place liquid in a dark glass tincture bottle.
6. Take 1 or 2 dropperfuls every night 30 minutes prior to bed.
Note
-Valerian is only recommended for short-term use. However, be encouraged — it has been my experience that once the person rediscovers a healthy sleep pattern, the use of this tincture naturally decreases. And if the problem returns…a few more nights of taking the tincture again immediately helps to reestablish sleep.
-While Valerian is extremely useful for the majority of folks, there are those to which it has the reverse effect…making them restless. However, I will say that it is most definitely worth a try!
-Be warned…Valerian stinks. Everyone in my house knows when I’m straining the Valerian tincture! Although it stinks, it really has no taste. I love to administer this tincture in just a couple ounces of water.
Where to Buy this Stuff?
I purchase dried, organic Valerian root and hop flowers from Mountain Rose Herbs.
But, you could always try your hand at growing it! In fact, Valerian is a beautiful plant and can easily be cultivated in most gardens. I love buying medicinal herb seeds from Horizon Herbs.
Vegetable glycerin I recommend purchasing here.
These tincture bottles are perfect!

Thanks to: http://crystalseed.ning.com

2Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 am

terbo56

terbo56

Just take a 'rocks' glass, fill it with good whiskey, a couple tablespoons full of lemon juice, a couple icecubes, and shot gun it- It'll knock you on your ass- You'll sleep good, I'll guarantee it!!lol!Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid 3209671710:cheers:

3Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:57 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Oh that would not work for me. Alcohol hypes me way UP!!!!

4Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:00 am

Peak Crackers

Peak Crackers

Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Tumblr_lzm7rgVJiq1r0llj0o1_500
GOOD NIGHT ! Charley!!

5Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Hey there Peeks! How r u on this fine day?

Hope you are ALL fine!!!

6Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:04 pm

Peak Crackers

Peak Crackers

Alll ways Ms skyz .. ((( Hug )))

7Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm

terbo56

terbo56

I must be doin OK, I woke up, damn it!!

8Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Peak Crackers

Peak Crackers

56 in da Houseeeeeeeeee

9Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:32 pm

terbo56

terbo56

Peaks!!!!! Whazzup?

10Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Peak Crackers

Peak Crackers

Poop all Mr 56 ..just at the office . burning off the last hour .. doing but of crap papper work I dont even know why we have computers  for work ..

11Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 pm

terbo56

terbo56

At least you can 'rapp' with us, right? That's cool-

12Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Empty Re: Make Your Own All-Natural Sleep Aid Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:52 pm

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Paperwork sucks! I am really bad at it too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum