OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse
Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=136&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_136
6 comments, 1 called-out
Comment Now
Follow Comments
As followers of the Iraqi dinar know, there are a lot of “updates” out there on the various websites that either sell or track the troubled currency.
Most of this “news” is much ado about nothing.
Iraq is on the precipice of a civil war with some 5,000 victims this year alone. It doesn’t appear that the country’s woes — partially unleashed by the disastrous American-led war — will be resolved anytime soon.

Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse Pt_1907_3906_oDinar-Like Dreams Can Be Nightmarish Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=40&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_40John Wasik Contributor

Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse 300px-Half_Dinar_back33Dinar Deception Driven By False Hopes Inside The Dubious Dinar Revaluation Ruse 5265a0aa552dff3c4fe1b03fd378fb28?s=40&r=pg&d=http%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fassets%2Fimages%2Favatars%2Fgeneric_profile_image_40John Wasik Contributor

In the interim, untold millions have been spent on speculating in the country’s currency, which is not traded on any legitimate foreign exchange and is worth a fraction of a dollar.
The currency is so unpopular that many Iraqis prefer the buck. But that hasn’t stopped a plethora of internet-based “dealers” from selling the dinar as fodder in a get-rich-quick scheme.
The ruse is simple: Get dinar buyers to believe that the currency will be favorably revalued soon so they can sell their dinars at a huge profit.
While that may happen, it’s highly unlikely given the current political and economic situation. No U.S. bank will handle the dinar while dealers reap huge commissions and mark-ups.
Yet rumors continue to feed this market the way a stoker feeds a coal-fired boiler.
The latest rumor is that the Wells Fargo WFC -0.93% bank is setting up some kind of mechanism to buy the currency. I heard the rumor last year and it’s since resurfaced. But the bank wants nothing to do with the currency. Here’s a statement they sent me when I inquired (an email directly from Kate Ellis in Wells Fargo corporate communications):
“Wells Fargo does not currently buy or sell Iraqi dinar and has no plans to do so in the future. When we provide banknote services to customers, it is generally for travel related purposes and we do not foresee a high number of customers traveling to Iraq for business or leisure purposes in the near future.
What was the origin of this rumor? Whoever spread it was desperate to signal that a legitimate regulated entity was getting involved in the dinar trade, which, thus far, has been completely unregulated and beyond the reach of bank watchdogs.
Keeping the Dinar Flame Flickering

It’s clear that by ginning up news about the dinar, the myriad websites that are pushing dinars are trying to keep hopes up for the untold thousands who bought the currency.
One of the ways the dealers keep the flame burning for the beleaguered currency is through “conference calls” where so-called “experts” report on developments on the revaluation front. When you google “dinar conference calls,” you get more than 60,000 hits. I get several alerts a day from sites claiming to have dinar “news.”
One reader who contacted me (and asked to remain anonymous) looked into it further:
“My friend’s brother gave him dinars, motivating us to start researching.  We looked at the likelihood of a revaluation, then started looking at what is motivating them (the dinar site operators)…Many of them do not appear to be selling dinar on their sites.  Plus, the only way they can make money on the difference is if there is a way to exchange. As you know, the only way to exchange is to fly over there (Iraq) with boxes of dinars, trade them for a box of U.S. dollars, and hope you make it back alive. Another way we thought they are making money is by pretending to sell the dinars.  From what we can tell, everybody who has purchased dinars has received the currency. The only way we’ve been able to determine how money is being made is the free conference calls.  I estimate the dealers are making at least $2,500 per day per conference call.”

Thanks to: http://www.forbes.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum