OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Is human urine the key to better farming? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is human urine the key to better farming?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Is human urine the key to better farming?
Posted by Xeno on January 14, 2014
Is human urine the key to better farming? UrineThe Rich Earth Institute (REI) in Battleboro, Vt., is investigating whether human urine can replace chemical fertilizers.
We first learned of the technique over at Modern Farmer. The project, which has enlisted well over 100 volunteers to donate their urine, aims to determine if “essential plant nutrients” found in urine, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, will work as a kind of all-natural fertilizer.
It’s not as unusual as you might think. Modern Farmer explains that, “Across the Atlantic, studies have long established urine as a powerful fertilizer.”
The article goes on to cite a study done by the Stockholm Water Company.
Via Modern Farmer:
A study conducted by the Stockholm Water Company in the late 1990s diverted urine from four housing projects to a grain farmer outside the city. The scientists concluded not only that urine could replace quick-acting mineral fertilizers, but also calculated that one Northern European adult pees enough plant nutrients to grow 50 to 100 percent of the food requirement for another person. Other successful trials have taken place in China and Mexico, though none as detailed as the Swedish one.
National Geographic spoke with researcher Debendra Shrestha of Tribhuvan University in Kathmandu, Nepal, who said that Nepalese farmers have been using human urine on crops for centuries.
But does it work? According to National Geographic, it did for Shrestha. After conducting an experiment that featured sweet peppers grown in soil with different combinations of urine, compost, and urea ― “the main nitrogen-containing chemical in human urine” ― the researchers found that plants grown in soil that “had a combination of human urine and compost grew the tallest, yielded the most peppers, and had the most total fruit weight per plant.”
That study’s results were published in Scientia Horticulturae.
Another study investigated the effect that urine and ash had on growing beets. The researchers found that “urine with or without ash can increase the yield of red beet and furthermore the microbial quality and chemical quality were similar to the situation in mineral-fertilized products.”
Yet another study that focused on tomatoes found similar results.
Still, there are questions. As Modern Farmer notes, traces of pharmaceuticals that can show up in urine are also being studied by REI, with the help of two universities.
via Project probes whether human urine is the key to better farming | The Sideshow – Yahoo News.

Thanks to: http://xenophilius.wordpress.com

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

There's a whole world or urine floating around here isn't there LOL!

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

yep! and a whole lot of crap too!

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Hahaahahahahahahahaha! I hear that!!

CroatianLight

There sure is, but I piss in my garden all the time. LOL. I have a small bucket and sometimes when I can't make it to the bathroom will urinate and then dilute it. Because I do plant in different beds, I can compare. For example, I plant spinach in 3 or 4 beds and experiment to see what they like the best. I finally figured out how to access my FB photos, here a few photos of my garden. I use a mix of square foot and permaculture, the beds on the bottom are filled with wood, woodchips, compost and then soil...it lasts a couple of years I don't need to fertilize and just add to the top.
Is human urine the key to better farming? 1962617_10203222594827179_2069582919_n

Is human urine the key to better farming? 1912395_10203222595387193_53377904_n

http://www.wearelightbeings.wordpress.com

CroatianLight

Is human urine the key to better farming? 1900101_10203222599747302_436805918_n

CroatianLight

Is human urine the key to better farming? 1900101_10203222599747302_436805918_n

CroatianLight

The first one worked and after that nothing, oh well, that was just one corner of my garden.

1ness

1ness

NanneeRose wrote:There's a whole world or urine floating around here isn't there LOL!

LOL you all know where i am on pee!! :athuup: 

Drink your pee
and you will see
nothing ails thee
hehehe   🇦🇸 

lovelightblessings
1ness

http://www.truesourcehealing.com

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Your garden is awesome CL! If you are still having trouble loading pics email them to me and I will see what I can do to load them for you.

My grandson id potty training at present maybe I will try this an experiment with my containers also.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum