OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ymoilman2

When Interest Rates Rise It’s Game Over

March 11, 2014 by John Little - OmegaShock.com I just looked at the US debt clock: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Did you know that the total value of everything that America produces is LESS than the value of the US national debt?

Pretty shocking. But, it gets worse.

If you look at the US debt clock, you see that our ‘official debt’ is something like $17.5 trillion. THAT part of the debt is covered by the US Treasury Department when they issue bills, notes and bonds.

Unfortunately, there’s a TON of future debt rolling down on us. When you’re looking at the US Debt Clock webpage, that debt is at the bottom of the page, labelled US Unfunded Liabilities – about $128.22 trillion (right now). The US Treasury Department does NOT cover that debt, yet. (But, they will – in the future.)

That’s a lot of debt. And, where there’s debt, there’s an interest rate and an interest payment.

So, what happens when the interest rate goes up?

————————————–

Subscribe to The Shock Letter and receive my articles in your inbox:

http://eepurl.com/Epr5H

————————————–
When Interest Rates Rise – It’s Game Over

I’ve been paying attention to King World News for a while, but I generally listen to the broadcasts. I pretty much depend on Steve to point out important articles. And, he picked up one that caught my attention:

Embry – Propaganda, Lies & A World Headed For Disaster

And, it was THIS quote that got me started:

And with the amount of debt that’s in the whole system, this creates an enormous problem for the central planners. But the one thing they can’t possibly entertain is higher interest rates. So one of the reasons they are sitting on gold and silver prices is because if gold and silver really reflected the true condition in the world, interest rates would rise sharply and it would be game over. So that’s the problem Western central planners are facing, and they will lose, it’s just a matter of how much time it’s going to take.

John Embry was the one talking here, and his comment got me thinking about interest rates as a sign that it’s game over for the US. Now, Mr. Embry didn’t say that the price of gold and silver was the ONLY reason why interest rates are low.

Another reason is that they are lying to you about inflation.

Real Inflation

Only a complete fool would buy a bond that loses money every year. And, no one likes to think of themselves as complete fools. The US government knows this, which is one of the reasons why they’ve been fiddling with the books about inflation.

So, let’s go to John Williams of Shadowstats.com. He’s taken the method that the US Federal Government used to compute inflation in 1980, and applied that method to our current economy. Here’s a graph of that calculation:

Inflation Official vs ShadowStats (1980-based)

The above graph comes from the ShadowStats Alternate Inflation Charts page.

The official rate (CPI) is in red. The 1980-based figure is in blue.

Which one is telling the truth?

Well, you can decide for yourself, but the blue one looks right to me – especially since I know a bit about how the US Government has been fiddling with the numbers to get that red line so low.

Now, if you squint a bit, you can tell that the official inflation rate is below 2%. The Shadowstats rate looks about 9% – more than four times higher.

What would happen to America if the US 10 year T-Note (i.e., the 10 year bond) was adjusted for the REAL inflation rate?

REAL Interest Rates

Let’s see… since 6% of our taxes goes to pay the interest rate now… well… about 30% of your taxes would go to pay the interest on the US debt – for JUST the INTEREST.

Here’s the official table for current government spending:

US Federal Spending - 2013

US Federal Spending – 2013 (Wikipedia)

So, you’ll need to choose which group of people to hurt.

But, wait. There’s more.

Total Debt

What about all the OTHER debt out there in the US?

Let’s go back to the US Debt Clock. Look at that part in the middle – the one that says US Total Debt.

What happens when you add 7% to the interest rate that everyone must bear?

The average person currently holds a debt load of $51,631 (as of now). Add an extra 7% to everyone’s debt payment. That would be over $3600 added to whatever they’re paying now.

Do you have an extra $300/month lying around the house?

Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are all kinds of effects that happen when everyone’s spending power declines by $300/month. It ripples through the economy in a reverse of the multiplier effect. It would be a giant wrecking ball.

Have you noticed how hard the Federal Reserve is working to keep the interest rate for the 10 year treasury note below 3%?

So, keep an eye on the 10 year interest rate. When it goes over 3%… well, bad things happen – very bad things.

To paraphrase John Embry:

When interest rates rise… it’s game over.

Are you ready for this?
(Seriously, think about clicking that link.)

——————-

If you find a flaw in my reasoning, have a question, or wish to add your own viewpoint, leave a comment. Your input is truly welcome.

————————————–

Click the following link and SHOCK your inbox with The Shock Letter:

http://eepurl.com/Epr5H

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum