OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly
Posted by Stephen Cook on September 10, 2014   /   Comments Off
Category: World Banking Changes   Tags: Chairman Emilio Botin, Santander
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly Emilio-Botin-009-300x180
Emilio Botin was one of the few bankers to retain his role after the banking crisis. Photograph: Juan Manuel Serrano/AP
By Jill Treanor, The Guardian, September 10, 2014 -
Emilio Botín, the patriarch of international banking group Santander, has died suddenly, clearing the way for his daughter, Ana Botín to succeed him at the helm of Spain’s biggest bank.
In a brief statement, the bank said: “Banco Santander regrets to announce that its chairman, Emilio Botín, has passed away”.
The appointments and remuneration committee and board of directors of Santander is meeting later on Wednesday to appoint a new chairman – widely expected to be Ana, who runs the UK arm of the Spanish bank. The bank has a history of appointing family members to run the bank even though they now only own a stake of around 2%.
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly Santander-200x200The elder Botín, who was 79, had steered Santander to become the one of the biggest lenders in the world – although not without controversy – and took the bank’s first foothold in the UK by taking over Abbey National a decade ago.
He was one of the few bankers to retain his role after the banking crisis during which he played a key part in facilitating the takeover of Dutch bank ABN Amro, a deal which crippled Royal Bank of Scotland and Fortis, the two other financial firms involved in the then-record-breaking takeover.
Ana Botín recently hired Nathan Bostock, a senior banker at RBS, to join Santander in the UK and he would be regarded a possible successor to her at the top of the UK operations, which now include Alliance & Leceister and the savings arm of Bradford & Bingley.
Shares in Santander fell almost 2% to €7.60 following the news of Botín’s death.
Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly Pf-button
[url=http://www.addtoany.com/share_save#url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoldenageofgaia.com%2F2014%2F09%2F10%2Fbanking-giant-santander-chairman-emilio-botin-dies-suddenly%2F&title=Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Bot%C3%ADn Dies]Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly Share_save_171_16[/url]

Thanks to: http://goldenageofgaia.com

MartyM

MartyM

I'd like to think maybe there are some GOOD Bankers...  But it's Hard really hard.  Knowing how compartmentalized the banking industry is, I'm pretty sure the only GOOD bankers are the ones not far enough up the food chain, to know anything about how things really work. They only know enough to do their particular job, nothing more...
  Not much different from most of Corp. America today. There's No incentive to know more than your specific job, and it's actually discouraged at lower levels and feared in middle or upper middle levels.
  But heaven forbid we do anything to actually FIX the problem....  OK enough of my rant for today. LOL

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

I hear you Marty!

Imagine my inner conflict regarding my son in law who is climbing the corp. banking ladder.
He does commercial loans and every time I visit them he has another promotion and bonus. Though I am proud of him and happy that he can take such good care of his family now I also cringe to think of what he may become in the future. scary......

MartyM

MartyM

Well I certainly understand the conflict, but in the long run it will all come down to 
what kind of man he is... which will determine how long he stays in the game. Either way
it is his path, even though I know how it affects you.
   No one ever said this road was gonna be smooth or easy...   :thunder:    Banking Giant Santander Chairman Emilio Botín Dies Suddenly 3471911756

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

so true!

He has a Dead head tat on his leg and still goes to Phish shows and gets primo bud so I think he will be okay! hahahaha

MartyM

MartyM

Well there ya go...    bigclap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum