OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely*

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely*

Dec18

Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely*
By Vera
A beautiful act of kindness by a homeless man has completely captured what the holiday spirit is about – and that generosity came back to him many, MANY times over!
The homeless man, who goes by the name of “Robbie,” had given 22-year-old Dominique Harrison-Bentzen his very last £3 ($5) so that she could take a taxi home after staying out late on December 4th. He wanted to make sure she got to her destination safely after she had lost her debit card during the night.
Harrison-Bentzen, who is a student at The University of Central Lancashire and Miss Preston beauty contest finalist, recalled:
“I suddenly realized that I had no money and a homeless man approached me with his only change of £3 ($5). He insisted I took it to pay for a taxi to make sure I got home safe.”
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* D3707823-a4d8-4ee8-9784-56fc6c5ba96b-620x372
Although Harrison-Bentzen didn’t take the money, she couldn’t believe that Robbie had offered his only money to her. Floored by his kindness, Harrison-Bentzen spent 24 hours on the street trying to raise money for Robbie so that he could afford an apartment. She posted a status on Facebook, explaining that she wanted to find Robbie and thank him.

Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* Screen-Shot-2014-12-17-at-9.00.39-PM
“He has been homeless for seven months through no fault of his own and he can’t get work due to having no address.
And I simply can’t just give him the money, I have to go through the right channels. So I will be spending 24 hours through the day and night as a homeless person to understand the difficulties they face each day.”
Harrison-Bentzen set up a Twitter account, Facebook page and crowdfunding campaign to help get the word out and raise more funds. She asked for everyone to give £3, representing the £3 he had offered her.
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* Screen-Shot-2014-12-17-at-9.01.10-PM
The numbers just kept climbing as more and more people were touched by Robbie’s generosity.
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* Screen-Shot-2014-12-17-at-9.01.15-PM
Harrison-Bentzen’s campaign even caught the eye of Stone Roses’ former frontman – Ian Brown, who retweeted the student’s cause.
Last $5 and Homeless Man Gave it to a Girl So She Could Get Home Safely* Screen-Shot-2014-12-17-at-8.09.23-PM
Because of her own persistence and the help of others, Harrison-Bentzen ended up raising over $40,000 for Robbie!
In the process of raising money for Robbie, Harrison-Bentzen discovered that many others had stories about how Robbie had helped them – whether it was returning a missing wallet or keeping people warm by offering his scarf to them. Robbie was someone who made a difference in people’s lives, and Harrison-Bentzen wanted to make a difference for him.
She said:
“Everyone has been so supportive and I’d love to get as many people as possible out with me on Tuesday to show Robbie our support – be it for the full 24 hours or just one.
I hope my campaign will help people think a little more about the people around them, Christmas is a good time to think about other people. If people can see what I am doing then maybe they can take the time to just stop and talk to a homeless person, hear their story.”
Source*

Share this:

Thanks to: hwaairfan.wordpress.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum