OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village

April 29, 2015 / renostonehill

Malawi Teen Builds Windmills Out Of Trash To Power His Entire Village Mala-1goodWilliam Kamkwamba, a teen from Malawi, wanted to bring electricity and running water to his village, so he devised a way to make it happen without the help of politicians or aid groups.
In 2002, Malawi was struck by a severe drought that killed thousands of people and nearly caused his family to starve to death. During that time, he was unable to attend school. He kept up his education by utilizing the books kept in his local library. William has always been fascinated by science, and his life changed the day that he picked up a torn up textbook that featured windmills.
William told the BBC News website: “I was very interested when I saw the windmill could make electricity and pump water. I thought: ‘That could be a defense against hunger. Maybe I should build one for myself’.”
When he wasn’t helping out on his family farm, he worked on his turbine prototype, working by a paraffin lamp well into the evenings. Many of his friends and neighbors thought he was nuts.
“Many, including my mother, thought I was going crazy,” he recalls. “They had never seen a windmill before.”
Neighbors thought it was kind of strange that he was spending so much time going through the trash. “People thought I was smoking marijuana,” he said. “So I told them I was only making something for juju [magic].’ Then they said: ‘Ah, I see.’”
Apparently that was an acceptable answer.
William, who is now 22 years old, eventually managed to pull of making a wind turbine from bike parts, a tractor fan blade, and a shock absorber. He made the blades out of plastic pipes flattened by the heat of a fire.
His community’s mirth quickly turned to excitement when he demonstrated that his turbine worked, hooking the turbine up to a car light bulb. When the blades spun in the breeze, the crowd of shocked onlookers saw the bulb flicker to life and went wild.

Thanks to: http://undergroundresistancenews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum