OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow

earth porm

South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow Fire-rainbow

Photo Credit: pininterest.com
Isle of Palms, South Carolina residents got quite the surprise this past weekend. A rare fire rainbow lit up the sky, and managed to linger there long enough for some to capture it on film for the world to see.
Tiffany Jenks told CBS News, “When I looked up I was truly in awe. Others like myself at the time had no idea it was a rare kind of rainbow, a fire rainbow I later learned.”
Jenks, who said it appeared to resemble one of her favorite band’s logos – Dave Matthews Band’s fire dancer logo, took this stunning photo of the twisted, colorful cloud.
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow Jenks-fire-rainbow
Photo Credit: Tiffany Jenks via CBSNews.com
While they’re best known as fire rainbows, the technical name for the phenomena is circumhorizontal arcs, and they occur in high-level cirrus clouds which are made up of tiny ice crystals.
Meteorologist Justin Lock explained, “To produce the rainbow colors the sun’s rays must enter the ice crystals at a precise angle to give the prism effect of the color spectrum.”
“The sun must be at an altitude of at least 58 degrees above the horizon,” he added. “Again, it has to do with getting the precise angle.”
Jenks told CBS, “The world today is so full strife, but just for that brief moment — when looking at the fire rainbow myself, the others around me and those seeing the photo — I seemed to step back and remember how beautiful our planet really is and how blessed we are to be a part of it.”
Here is a look at some of the striking images others were able to capture as well.
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow Fire-rainbow-2
Photo Credit: Tracey Smith via My Modern Met
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow Fire-rainbow3
Photo Credit: Instagram/ginknowsabe
South Carolina Residents Treated to Rare Fire Rainbow Fire-rainbow-4-sherry
Photo Credit: Instagram @sherry13403

Thanks to:http://www.earthporm.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum