OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work Empty Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:29 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work
Posted on October 20, 2016 by Ann Kreilkamp
Charles Eisenstein on Shadow Work Mystery_88fc11f4a48be33b
Fellow blogger Laura Bruno has posted a new piece by Charles Eisenstein that perfectly captures not only the underlying lesson of this election season, but widens further to encompass this Saturn/Neptune moment in his-story, when the walls (Saturn) that divide thin and dissolve (Neptune).
The Lid Is Off
In our Green Acres Village, we call it “shadow work,” and we are consciously committed to help each other to identify, let go, and integrate emerging “projections.” To me, shadow work is the crucial work of our time, and during the NAPC (North America Permaculture Convergence) in California in September (at the start of my just completed five week spiral journey), I found myself over and over again being called into forums to speak about the shadow, both collective and individual,  — identified as those qualities within ourselves and our culture that we tend to ignore or deny, because they contradict our image of ourselves —and how, unless we continuously allow and even encourage the shadow’s release, it has the potential to destroy whatever we are attempting to create, no matter how wonderful that creation, or how  “conscious” we think we are otherwise.
Indeed, I would go so far as to say that what creates war, is at root, the shadow. This is not a new idea. Here’s Paul Levy, on Wilhelm Jung:
Shadow Projection: The Fuel of War
The existence and maintenance of the “shadow” would not be possible without compartmentalization, what the left brain does to the right brain’s unitive spaciousness. Putting ideas, and systems of ideas, not to mention dissasociative personalities, life styles, and sub-cultures in boxes is what the left brain does best. It’s up to the right brain to recognize that all such schemas are invented, not natural. That in essence, life is unitive flow.
One of the beautiful crones I encountered on my trip west told me of her concern about her Navy Seal son, now 20 years in. How, over and over again, he appears to be able to instantly and successfully shift from some kind of top secret mission overseas with his team (five or six month stints that he cannot talk about, even to his wife) to sinking immediately into the couch with his three kids all folded into his tender, loving embrace.
How is that possible? Asks my friend, his mother.
“Compartmentalization,” he answers her.
That’s it! He knows how. However, of course, she still worries. What if the barriers between lives, between personalities, between the guy who can blow off a child’s head and the one who  loves his own children melt, dissolve? What would happen? Are his kids, her grandchildren, in danger?
To a certain extent all of us compartmentalize. Of course we do. We create and inherit segmented structures, matrices, both in space and time, in order to be and move successfully within space and time. We think it’s necessary. That without structure, chaos.
But is it necessary?
What happens now that many of us are beginning to read each other’s minds without words — and on a nearly routine basis? What happens when lies are no longer possible? What happens when we allow ourselves to re-member our connection with Nature, for whom no left-brain structures are necessary? The inherent “order” in the nature of things inhabits and emerges from within the realm of Mystery. Permaculture, and other “systems-thinking” attempt to  plumb and map that mystery (usually without acknowledging it as Mystery), turn it into some kind of “order” or “design” that we can understand, grasp and reproduce. But what if mystery is Mystery? What if, no matter what we think we know, we know nothing? What if we have to move into our right brains and our beating hearts to be able to feel, flow with, and even help fuel Mystery?
What if we are one with the universe?
What then?

Thanks to: https://www.exopermaculture.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum