OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless; Gives Heartwarming Reasoning

December 31, 2016 Culture of Awareness 

By Lance Schuttler, The Mind Unleashed
There are beautiful things happening everyone, if one but chooses to see it around them. I have the privilege of knowing a friend who is putting into action that very point.
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless Vishal1
Vishal Shah, who is a Chicago businessman (far right in photograph) teamed up with friends to help out the homeless in Chicago. Vishal had the idea to somehow giveback to his local community, which came about in the form of donating 55 blankets and 54 pairs of socks to those living without a home. Vishal and his team collected over $1,000 in donations in just a few days, which allowed them to purchase the large number of blankets and socks.
The Mind Unleashed caught up with Vishal and asked him about his experience:
TMU: What inspired you to do this?
Vishal: A friend and I were talking about giving back one night.  I have had many similar conversations, but nothing ever came out of them. I decided to take action this time around.
TMU: Did you have help?
Vishal: I had plenty of help. Obviously, there are all the people who donated.  There are the store employees who went above and beyond to fulfill my demands.  There are my friends who helped hand the blankets out, and document the experience.  There is no way I could’ve done this on my own.  I’m truly grateful for the tremendous support I received in the short time frame that I put forth.
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless Vishal2
TMU: What was the most fulfilling part of this for you?
Vishal: The stories. I think a lot of us live in this bubble of narratives that are usually pretty similar to our own.  When you share a laugh or try to empathize with someone in such a drastically different situation, it’s an eye-opener, to say the least.  It was a little overwhelming if I’m being honest.
TMU: What was the best reaction you received?
Vishal: There was a woman who was sitting outside her tent with a boxed cheesecake that someone had just dropped off.  After we talked for a few minutes, she offered us a piece of her cake.  The gesture was so sweet.  We kindly declined her offer, but that is one memory that will stick in my mind for years to come.  The gentleman she was sharing her tent with was joking that people would beat him up for wearing colorful Christmas pattern socks.  It was a great little exchange we had.
TMU: Are you planning to do it again?
Vishal: Yes, I will be doing a more planned version of this next year. Some retailers have expressed interest in donating and helping out with deals. Next year should be great.
Chicago Businessman Donates Dozens of Blankets & Socks To Homeless Vishal4
TMU: Do you have a parting inspirational message for our readers? 
Vishal: I’m not one to go and preach to others because I’m not a fan of being preached to.  In that spirit, I’ll keep this short and sweet.  Sometimes the problems of the world seem insurmountable, and we feel powerless to stop them.  To some small degree, this feeling is valid.  We also need to realize that we do have it in our power to make at least a small impact on our communities no matter where we are…and maybe if enough people make small impacts, we can eventually make a big one.
Vishal also posted an amazing video on his facebook page that documented the whole experience. You can see that video here. 
What beautiful things do you see happening around you? Have you done something like this before? Does this inspire you to do something similar or unique to give back and help out those in your community?
Lance Schuttler graduated from the University of Iowa with a degree in Health Science-Health Coaching and offers health coaching services through his website Orgonlight Health. You can follow the Orgonlight Health Facebook page or visit the website for more information on how to receive health coaching for yourself, your friend or family member as well as view other inspiring articles.
Images via Vishal Shah

Thanks to Wes at: https://cultureofawareness.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum