OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
 Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies

by Cassius Methyl; The Mind Unleashed

The two galaxies closest to our Milky Way galaxy are called the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds. They are irregular dwarf galaxies both orbiting ours, actually set to eventually be swallowed by the Milky Way.

This is a picture of the two galaxies:

Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  Mag-clouds
(Image credit: Wiki)

For the first time, astronomers have concluded that the bridge connecting these two dwarf galaxies is magnetic. The Magellanic Bridge was discovered in 1963, but now more is apparently known about magnetism between gigantic structures in the universe.

The discovery could provide insight into how the universe is full of magnetism and electric energy of various kinds. Despite unimaginably long distances, galaxies are now known to interact magnetically.

Jane Kaczmarek, a student at the University of Sydney made a measurement of the hydrogen bridge between the 2 dwarf galaxies, calculating a “magnetic field strength of 0.3 x10-6 Gauss.” How this calculation can be confirmed as accurate, I’m not sure.

She said:

“It’s only recently that we have become able to detect a field this weak. This is the first time [an astronomical] field has been detected not through magnetization’s effect on its own light.

We think the magnetic fields get pulled out of the clouds as well, this changes the alignment of the field, but the field itself stays.”

The calculation was published in Monthly Notices of Royal Astronomical Society.

According to Sky and Telescope, Australia is a place like no other to observe the phenomena because of its position in the Southern Hemisphere:

“For stargazers in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s easy to forget that the Milky Way is actively consuming two dwarf galaxies. Those in the Southern Hemisphere have a front row seat to watch our galaxy wreak havoc on the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds (LMC and SMC).

Now, for the first time, researchers using the Australia Telescope Compact Array radio telescope in New South Wales, Australia, have detected a magnetic field in the space between the Magellanic Clouds. Called the Magellanic Bridge, this structure is a 75,000 light-year long filament of gas and dust that stretches from the LMC to the SMC.”

In the 1950’s, our Milky Way galaxy was found to have a magnetic field, affecting solar systems and dust within certain regions. Eventually, the concept of a galaxy having a magnetic field became common.

It is believed that most galaxies have magnetic fields, and even more strange, clusters of galaxies share magnetic energy in ways that we don’t understand at all. Galaxies that are an incomprehensible distance apart can share magnetism.

Thanks to: http://www.riseearth.com

RogerAF

Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  3060248766  Astronomers Discover Massive 'Magnetic Bridge' Between the Closest Galaxies  3060248766
I recommend a look at Thunderbolts.info and theories re the electric universe. Magnetic fields are indicative of electric current. These theories are not new. They are gaining support among scientists from many disciplines. Watch some of the conference videos. The idea that predictions can be made based on observation should be remembered as a pillar of the scientific method. Why are so many mainstream astronomers and astrophysicists constantly "surprised" and "baffled" by new information their instruments and probes report? Perhaps their models are wrong. Maybe CERN is a $13 billion boondoggle!
I'm an electronic engineer, not a scientist. I just find it fascinating. I've read books about physics and Einstein and Richard Feynman and followed along as best I can. The EU stuff is much more understandable. It scales from sub-atomic to galactic and beyond. I endorse it.

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Welcome Roger! Thanks for joining and commenting. I love Thunderbolts Project! Thanks for the reminder.
It is very fascinating for sure! Especially the CERN info. My son is also an electronic engineer as is one of my son in laws. He is working with 3D printing now. Pretty cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum