OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS

By
zIKY
-
June 29, 2018

‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS Mfjfyuggev-696x391
© Airbus
An experimental robotic ‘head’ called CIMON (Crew Interactive MObile CompanioN) has been sent to the International Space Station (ISS). The machine is designed to assist the crew and create a “feeling of talking to a crew mate.”
The ball-like bot, designed by Airbus, embarked on its journey on Friday on board a Space X Falcon 9 rocket, carrying supplies to the ISS. The robot’s ‘brain’ was developed by the chip maker IBM. The Falcon 9 is scheduled to reach the station on Monday.
“CIMON is a free flyer fueled with Artificial Intelligence, enhancing human expertise,” CIMON’s description from the Airbus reads. “AI-based technology is about constantly understanding, reasoning and learning, so CIMON is designed to assist and to create a feeling of talking to a crew mate.”
Despite its positive image, CIMON sounds eerily similar to the sinister HAL 9000 bot from Stanley Kubrick’s classic – 2001: A Space Odyssey. It can also communicate verbally with the crew members, but unlike the anti-hero robot penned by Arthur C. Clarke, CIMON features a cartoonish “screen face,” which would help astronauts to “make friends” with the machine, according to developers.
“What we’re trying to do with CIMON is to increase the efficiency of the astronaut,” an engineer IBM Matthias Biniok told Reuters. “Right now our main mission is to support the astronauts with their daily tasks to save time, because time is the most valuable and most expensive thing on the ISS.”
The bot will get involved in several experiments, namely helping to grow crystals and trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube puzzle together with German astronaut Alexander Gerst.

Waggish Bot‏ @waggishbot

Today's #SpaceX payload includes Cimon the robot. Apparently, he'll float at the astronaut’s side & help. However, he won't be annoying or turn rogue or turn into a HAL! No! Robot astronaut Cimon joins space station http://time.com/5326103/spacex-robot-artificial-intelligence-space/ … #robotics #artificialintelligence
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS Dg1yNneWkAArhaV
11:58 PM - 28 Jun 2018 

CIMON will also take on the role of an “intelligent” flying camera during several other experiments. One can only hope these activities will end better than the Odyssey with HAL 9000 – it’s a long way to the ISS to help open the pod bay doors.

Source: https://www.rt.com
Wake The Sheeple!

Thanks to zIKY at: http://awakeandaware.ca

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum