OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum

Narcissistic People and the 7 Little-Known Facets of the Narcissism Spectrum Narcissistic-people-spectrum

Here’s a startling truth: Narcissistic people are everywhere. In fact, almost every one of us has certain traits which place us on the narcissistic spectrum.

Narcissism isn’t a rare trait of the human being. The truth is, each and every one of us has narcissistic traits, some more than others. Here’s another way to look at it, a more factual representation: We are all narcissistic people.
“In a broad sense, narcissism refers to feelings and attitudes toward one’s own self and to normal development and self-regulation. It is the core of normal healthy self-esteem, effects, and relationships. In psychoanalytic terms, normal narcissism is defined as a positive investment in a normally functioning self-structure.”
-Elsa Ronningstam
What? I bet that quote kind of made you do a double take, huh? I think that’s the first time I’ve ever read that narcissism could possibly be healthy.

The truth is, I think we’ve all been misusing this word as a blanket term instead of putting emphasis on the personality disorder instead. I think I should redefine the use of the word, “narcissism” itself.
Let’s take a look further to understand our mistakes.

The narcissistic spectrum

The reason why we are all narcissistic people is that every one of us falls upon the spectrum of narcissism. I was unaware of this scale until just a few months ago. The narcissistic spectrum, a scale of 0-10, governs whether we have a little sense of self-importance or if we have a narcissistic personality disorder.
Here are a few little-known placements on the narcissistic spectrum.

1. Placement Zero

At zero on the narcissism spectrum, an individual is acting in an unhealthy manner toward themselves. While they are selfless and often bow to servitude, they also deny their own basic needs. This is obviously extremely unhealthy.
Although those who fall at zero on the spectrum are humble and basically good people, they suffer from their inability to love themselves.

2. Placement One

These individuals can tolerate a bit more attention to themselves than those at the zero range. Maybe on special occasions, they would be willing to have some social interaction but still can become overwhelmed easily.

Although they are still rather humble people, they are capable of some self-importance.

3. Placements 2 and 3

These individuals dream of having things and being more social. They may move out of their comfort zones more often than the people who fall under the previous place on the spectrum. They still restrain themselves and only think of getting attention on a few occasions.

4. Placement between 4-6

This is considered the healthy range of narcissism. In this range, it’s okay to feel special and get attention when it’s appropriate, but it’s also good to be humble when that is the appropriate moment.
You should be able to tell the difference between the two needs and situations. For instance, if you get a promotion, you can claim some attention for that, but on the other hand, when your friend gets a promotion, they should get the attention, not you by association. 

5. Placement 7 and 8

These people do find wrong in themselves and will try to make improvements. They still, however, will posture and show off the things that they have. You will see more switching back and forth with these people, and sometimes it will seem as they aren’t quite accepting in who they are.

At the same time, when they are seeking the spotlight, they will enjoy the attention.

6. Placement Nine

At this level, an individual seeks a large amount of attention. However, at some point, they will start to become aware of their unrealistic needs, and start to see the wrong in these feelings.
They may try hard to hide their guilt of wanting too much attention, but they definitely feel a bit more.

7. Placement Ten

On the opposite extreme lies the grandiose, arrogant, and totally self-seeking individuals. This is the personality type characterized as a narcissistic disorder. These individuals will lie, steal, cheat and destroy just to get attention and stay in the spotlight. In short, they will do whatever it takes for attention.

Three types of unhealthy narcissists

Working with this spectrum, we can see three different types of narcissistic personalities. These personalities are different, but they all share one common trait: The feeling that they are better or unique to everyone else.

Extroverted narcissist

This is the obnoxious and loud narcissist that openly craves attention all the time. They are extremely social because they have to be in order to stay in the spotlight. They post pictures constantly, show off purchases, and brag about achievements.

Introverted narcissist

They avoid people because they are afraid of judgments. One of the reasons for this is because they want others to think they have no sense of self when, in fact, they do think they are special. An introverted narcissist separates themselves from others because they always feel quietly superior.

Communal narcissist

These are people who want to give and never take any help. It’s not that they don’t want any attention, they just want attention for the fact that they are givers and never seem to need any help. It’s like they won’t be known as “saviors” for other people.

Narcissistic People

Now that you understand how narcissism works, you can understand yourself as well, and where you fall on the narcissistic spectrum. I found my present place on the scale, but I think I will keep that to myself, as I think I have some improvements to make.
Again, thanks for reading, and I apologize for any terms that I may have incorrectly defined and so forth. I am learning right along with you and as long as we keep learning, we can always help each other be better and do better.
Until next time…
References:

1. http://journals.sagepub.com
  2. https://www.yourtango.com

Thanks to: https://www.learning-mind.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum