OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? Shutterstock_425102731
Glitter is everywhere! And if you’ve ever done a crafty project with your kids or for a school activity, you know all too well, that it has an uncanny ability to get into everything. It’s found in cosmetics, make-up, hair products, party paraphernalia and even clothing.
Glitter is actually categorized as a “microplastic,” which are miniscule bits of plastic smaller than 5 millimeters. Scientists are just now beginning to explore the health and environmental risks and damage this plastics present to us and our ecosystems.
Microplastics like cosmetic glitter are made by bonding aluminum with polyethylene terephthalate (PET) which releases endocrine-disrupting chemicals. When they end up in our water systems and enter the food chain, they eventually end up in our bodies through eating seafood.
According to an article in Ecowatch:
“there’s the domino-like effect of microplastics through the food-chain, for the sheer volume of microplastics consumed by seafood-loving humans is staggering. This study from the University of Ghent found that Europeans who eat shellfish can consume as much as 11,000 microplastics per year.”
“At the rate we are going, there could be one pound of plastic for every three pounds of finfish in the ocean in the next ten years,” wrote Nick Mallos, director of Ocean Conservancy’s Trash Free Seas Program, in an email. “And unless action is taken, the problem is only going to get bigger.”
As if these plastics we are eating were not bad enough, PETs encapsulate organic pollutants and pathogens, which adds to the toxicity, and we end up eating both the plastic and the pollutants and pathogens. And, there’s a growing body of research that’s been connecting these endocrine disrupting chemicals with both the reproductive health of fisheries, as well in humans that live near the plastic factories.
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? Nintchdbpict0003687299791
There has been positive change and action. Many researchers and environmental activists are calling for a ban on glitter and on microbeads which are often found in products like exfoliating beauty products.
In the U.S. former President Obama’s administration banned plastic microbeads in cosmetics and personal care products. And soon after, the U.K. and New Zealand followed with their own prohibitions.
Scientists Want to Ban Glitter — Can I Get a Hell Yes? Nintchdbpict000368729971
We hope this article will raise awareness of this serious health and environmental concern and encourage people to stop using products that contain microplastics.
http://expand-your-consciousness.com/glitter-must-banned/?t=HHL&fbclid=IwAR0BBLuLlsMsHd5iHnz2nkuVr26c-KO3H4TEXsept7SmWYOiXIRWtiIRWc4

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum