OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included

Posted on April 1, 2020 by jilldennison 

If it’s Wednesday morning, then it must be time for us to go forth and find some … good people!  Guess what?  I found some!  Surprised, aren’t you?   I’m even providing the tissues this week, in case you’ve run out and found the shelves bare at the market.

Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Box-of-tissues2

And with that Dailey newspaper you get …
Greg Dailey delivers newspapers to homes in the central New Jersey township of Cranbury, but last week he did much more than toss rolled up newspapers.  Many of the people on his paper route are seniors, and after one such woman asked him to start placing the newspaper against her garage, for she was afraid to walk down the driveway to retrieve it, Greg got an idea.  The next day, he placed a note in all 725 newspapers he delivered …
My name is Greg Dailey and I deliver your newspaper every morning. I understand during these trying times it is difficult for some to get out of their house to get everyday necessities. I would like to offer my services free of charge to anyone who needs groceries, household products, etc. I will be shopping at ShopRite and McCaffery’s and can deliver the goods directly to your front door.
He left his number and email address. The response was immediate, and not just with more requests for his new service. Oh, there were plenty of those — nine of them, in fact, on the first day alone. But there were more emails from people who wanted to help the man who had offered his help.
They wanted to send him gas money for his Ford Focus. They offered to leave him food on their doorsteps to his family. Mostly, though, they just wanted to say thank you.  Said one note …
“I know you only by the sound of your car in the morning and your good service, but your offer to help in our community is a step beyond. If you hear a little extra sound when you fly past our house, it will be us applauding and cheering for a good man.”
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Greg-dailey-2Greg’s service quickly became a family affair, with his wife Cherlyn, his three kids — Erin, Sean and Brian — and his mother-in-law Carol Krohn all involved. They used a Google document to keep the groceries organized, with every item highlighted on a receipt. They sort the items into separate bags in their dining room, and for safety, everything is cleaned with disinfectant wipes. Customers reimburse for the items, but there’s no charge for the shopping and delivery.
“Times are tough. Some of us should not be out of the house at all. They need produce. They need medicine. They need toiletries. I told one of the gentlemen, ‘I can stop at the liquor store if you want.’ His eyes went wide.”
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Kleenex-tissuesThe customers on his newspaper route can count on him. At a time when every community needs people to step up and help the people who need it the most, he delivers.

Handing out … lettuce leaves
Peter Darmos is a lawyer and businessman who lives in Melbourne, Australia, though he emigrated there from Greece as a child.  One day last week, Mr. Darmos happened to pass by the unemployment office, CentreLink, and saw a long line of people waiting to get in to file their claims. Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included CentrelinkHe said it made him feel sick to his stomach, and he had to do what he could.  He stopped and gave each of the people waiting in line $100 “to put some bread on the table for their family.”  In all, Mr. Darmos disbursed some $10,000.  He wished to remain anonymous, but somehow that didn’t happen.  He says he’s hoping that others who have the means will follow suit …
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Peter-darmos
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Box-of-tissues2“I came here as a six-year-old from a village in Greece and this country has been good to me. We can all hit the Centrelink offices across the country in 30 seconds today and hand out a lettuce leaf to each person in need so they can put some food on the table for their families.”

What’s in the envelope?
Skylar Reeves, who owns Rosa’s Pizzeria in Prescott, Arizona, was loading orders for delivery and curbside pickup Tuesday when the woman approached him, handed him the envelope, and then left.  Reeves opened the envelope to find $2,000 in cash and an unsigned note …
“Hi there, As a neighbor and lover of Rosa’s, please accept the enclosed and use it as you see fit for your staff.”
Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Kleenex-tissuesReeves said he was overcome with emotion, as he already has been forced to consolidate his three restaurants, pause his catering company and stop construction on his newest restaurant set to open next month. He also laid off nearly half of his 100-person staff, many of whom are friends, due to the virus.
With the money from the anonymous Good Samaritan, Reeves is asking his employees to bring him the bill that stresses them the most, and he’ll pay those bills with the envelope cash and his own money.

The Rocket Man delivers …
Elton John was in the middle of his Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour when the coronavirus called a halt to it.  But, not one to let an opportunity pass him by, Elton is instead planning a televised benefit concert to support and pay tribute to medical staff in America who are on the frontlines battling Coronavirus.Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included Elton-2The commercial-free hour-long special, dubbed “Fox Presents the iHeart Living Room Concert for America,” will air at 6 p.m. PST (9 p.m. EST) on FOX on Sunday, March 29 and will also be broadcast on iHeartMedia radio stations as well.
Singer-songwriters including Alicia Keys, the Backstreet Boys, Billie Eilish, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, Mariah Carey and Tim McGraw will also make appearances from their homes and be included via clips filmed with their personal cell phones, camera and audio equipment, a release from Fox revealed.
Viewers will be able to make donations during the show, which will go to Feeding America and First Responders Children’s Foundation.

You all know I don’t watch much television at all, and have never seen the show called The Office, though of course I have heard of it (I think).  One of the stars of that show is named John Krasinski, and he has started a ‘good news’ show on YouTube that I thought was a terrific idea!Good People Doing Good Things — Kleenex Is Included John-krasinskiLast week, Krasinski took to Twitter and asked the world to send him any stories that made them feel good or smile.
“For years now I’ve been wondering why is there not a news show dedicated entirely to good news?”
So, he launched “Some Good News” (SGN) on YouTube to share all the heartwarming stories posted in the comments of his Twitter post.

https://youtu.be/F5pgG1M_h_U

These are challenging times in more ways than one for most all of us on the planet.  I find it particularly heartwarming to see people finding ways to help others, even though they have their own troubles.  We are, after all, all in this together.

https://jilldennison.com/2020/04/01/good-people-doing-good-things-6/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum