OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little

Posted on June 10, 2020 by jilldennison 

This past week, we have seen a heck of a lot of not-so-good people in the news, so it’s time to turn our heads in another direction and look at some of the really good people who are helping others.  I honestly believe that the majority of people in this world are good people who will do whatever they can to help others.  Unfortunately, they don’t get near the attention they deserve.

Contagion among good people …
Remember last week I wrote about Captain Tom Moore, that 100-year-old World War II veteran who raised thousands for the UK’s National Health Service by completing 100 laps in his garden?  Turns out, he inspired a few others around the globe to do something similar.
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Mickey-nelson

World War II veteran Mickey Nelson, 99, is walking 100 miles through his small city of Clarks Grove, Minnesota, to raise money for Covid-19 relief through the Salvation Army’s feeding and emergency programs.

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Joseph-hammond

Private Joseph Hammond, 95, has become a familiar sight on the streets of Accra, Ghana, during his daily walks to raise money to support frontline workers and impoverished veterans across Africa.

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Tobias-weller

And Tobias Weller, a 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy, says he was inspired by Captain Moore to finish a marathon with his walker, one half-mile at a time. Tobias raised $100,000 for the Sheffield Children’s Hospital and Paces School, a school that supports children and adults with neurological conditions in his hometown of Sheffield in northern England.
See … this is the great thing about being a good people … it’s contagious!

Generous youths …
The 8th grade class at the Waldorf School in Santa Fe, New Mexico, had spent the entire year raising $2,800 for their rafting trip. But their trip was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.
So, the students chose to make a major impact on the lives of others by using the money to help the Navajo Nation.  In May, the Navajo Nation surpassed New York and New Jersey for the highest per-capita coronavirus infection rate in the US — another sign of the pandemic’s disproportionate impact on minority communities.
Parent Jess Falkenhagen spoke with Navajo leaders to find out what supplies were urgently needed.
The students used their $2,800 fund to purchase diapers, formula, toilet paper, wipes, medicines, soup, potatoes, pasta, beans, rice, pet food and a dozen reusable five gallon jugs filled with water.
Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Navajo-donation

Falkenhagen drove with her daughters, Daisy and Indie Russell, to Window Rock, Arizona, to make the delivery on behalf of the eighth-grade class.  The student’s teacher was proud of her class …
“I am very proud of my students, but I’m not surprised. This is a very generous and compassionate group of teens. They have been raised to think outside their own immediate lives and it shows in moments like this.”
Young people … the hope for our future.

A good people … no wait … TWO good people
Small ‘mom & pop’ restaurants and their staff all over the country have been hit particularly hard during the shuttering of businesses as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.  Today, I want to tell you a little story about one such restaurant, Bill’s Café in Naples, Florida.
When I first read the headline, “Anonymous donor gives one Naples cafe $40K to stay open”, I thought it sounded like a nice story to add to my ‘good people’ post this week, but I didn’t know the whole story.  Let’s start with the present.  Says Bill Salley, owner of Bill’s Café …
“The last day I was open before they forced us to close because of the COVID situation he [the anonymous customer] goes ‘Bill I’d like to talk to you’. He says listen I have two envelopes for you … one for you, one for your help.  And It was so nice and kind of him…. but that probably wouldn’t have saved me…it was a nice chunk of money in that but not enough to make a difference.
A week later he calls me up and tells me, ‘Bill, would you be interested in sending a hundred sandwiches a day across the street to Naples community hospital’ and before he even finished, I said ‘I’m in!'”
The customer paid full price for the sandwiches, five days a week for eight straight weeks, so that the hospital employees would get them for free.
“It literally saved my café.  It was so nice and kind of him.”
And that made for a nice story of a good person helping not only Bill keep his café, but providing food to hospital staff for free!  Good enough, right?  But, as is my habit, I double check the information I use for these stories, mostly to make sure they are on the up-and-up and that I have the facts right. So, when I ran the name Bill Salley, I found something else!

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Bill-salley-1

An article in the May 12, 2016, Naples Daily News tells of a woman known only as Sue, who goes to Bill’s Café every morning, has a nice breakfast, and walks out without paying.  Sue, you see, is homeless and Bill never turns away a homeless person.
“I’ve done it everywhere I’ve worked. I can’t let anyone go hungry.”
When a local posted about Salley’s generosity on Facebook, it went viral, but Salley was surprised.

Good People Doing Good Things — Big ‘n Little Bill-salley-2

“I have always believed that we live in a world that is better now than ever and that there are more good people than bad. I know that I am not special, that there are many individuals who daily show acts of kindness to others. They do it not for recognition or attention but because it’s the right thing, the humane thing and a good thing to do.”
Seems to me that the helping hand Bill got from his anonymous customer was more than deserved!

And there you have it, friends.  Proof positive once again that there are good people in this world, doing what they can to help others with no expectation of a reward.  It’s these people who remind me that despite the horrors of the day, there is still hope for humanity.

https://jilldennison.com/2020/06/10/good-people-doing-good-things-big-n-little-2/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum