OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Food!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Empty Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:05 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Food!

Posted on August 26, 2020 by jilldennison 

Today’s good people all have to do with … food!  And the act of providing it to those in need.  This wasn’t intentional, but quite coincidental, and it wasn’t until I had written the last story and started my first round of proofreading that I realized the common theme!

A change in plans …
Melanie and Tyler Tapajna paid well in advance for their August wedding, securing a romantic lodge, a Disc Jockey, and a food truck caterer to serve dinner to about 150 family members and friends.  They planned well ahead … but there was one thing they didn’t foresee when they planned this wedding late last year:  a pandemic.
By early July, when they received a letter saying that the venue they had chosen for their wedding would not be open for business, due to the pandemic, the couple was left with a quandary.  They could try to find another venue for their August 15th ceremony, or they could keep it simple, a very private ceremony.  And that is what they did … they had a private ceremony outdoors at Melanie’s grandparents’ house, and their dog Redman filling in as best man. Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Newlyweds-dog-e1598410912149

But … what to do with all the food they had already paid for?  Well, these two young people have hearts of gold.   Together, they decided to donate all the food to Laura’s Home — a Cleveland shelter for single women and mothers with children — and arranged to have their caterer deliver a meal worth about $2,000 to 135 people.  But the couple wanted to be more ‘hands on’, wanted to actually help serve the food, too!  So, after their “I do’s” had been spoken, they spent the rest of their wedding day, still in their wedding attire, serving up fried chicken, mac ‘n’ cheese, green beans, potato salad and chocolate cupcakes to all of the residents.Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Newlyweds-dinner

But it doesn’t stop there.  After the dinner, the Tapajnas didn’t go on a honeymoon, but they’ve already made plans for their first anniversary.  According to Tyler …
“We’re going to give a donation to a charity every year to celebrate our wedding day. We didn’t do what we did for publicity, but we’re now hoping it inspires others to do the same.”
What an awesome way to begin their marriage, don’t you think?

B-B-Batman??? 
And speaking of providing food for those in need … BATMAN is alive and well in Santiago, Chile, and is helping to feed the homeless!  Yep, you heard me right … and I’ve even got pictures to prove it! Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Batman-1

Well, turns out it isn’t the real Batman, but rather a man who is doing his good deed in the best way possible … anonymously!  He chooses not to reveal his identity, but as Batman, he goes through the streets of Santiago delivering food to the homeless, providing sustenance and light-hearted solace to those in need following months of lockdown in the Chilean capital.
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Batman-2

The man, who wears a shiny batman suit complete with a coronavirus-ready sanitary facemask, delivers a few dozen plates of hot food to homeless people throughout the South American capital on a regular basis.
“Look around you, see if you can dedicate a little time, a little food, a little shelter, a word sometimes of encouragement to those who need it.”

https://youtu.be/gHr989Chc3A

In the aftermath of the storm …
Nearly two weeks ago, we got the tail end of the derecho storm … serious wind, hail, lightning, and torrential rain … but only for about an hour, and frankly our flowers were grateful for the dousing.  But, in other places, the storm literally battered neighborhoods.  In some areas of Iowa, for example, the storm didn’t let up for over twelve hours!
With electricity out, and thousands of homes, schools and businesses damaged, recovery begins.  Willie Fairley is the owner of Willie Ray’s Q Shack in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and he took it upon himself to do what he could to make sure his neighbors had at least one hot meal a day … at no cost!  Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Willie-truck

Says Willie …
“It’s terrible right now. You got a lot of people still without power. We’re just trying to do what we can as a company to make sure we did our part. Because if it was me home with nothing. I would want someone to at least be able to provide something for me.”
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Willie-shack

Nearly two weeks later, Willie Ray’s Q Shack is still handing out some 600 meals daily, but the community has stepped up to the plate to show their appreciation!  A group that was inspired by his work is selling t-shirts to raise money for the restaurant and the Iowa Giving Crew. They also presented Fairley with a banner signed by people he’s helped over the last couple of weeks.
“People are stopping and giving little donations, and you know we’re gonna keep giving out food, probably for the next couple months more than likely. We’re just gonna keep taking care of people, doing whatever we can.”
So far, organizers have sold hundreds of shirts and $3,500 dollars.
Good People Doing Good Things — Food! Willie

I think that the thing I like best about these smaller acts of ‘goodness’ are that it shows us … we don’t have to be a millionaire to be a good people, but each of us has it in our power to help someone in small, yet important ways.

https://jilldennison.com/2020/08/26/good-people-doing-good-things-food/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum