OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ?

Posted on Saturday, 14 November, 2020

Can we still land humans on the Moon by 2024 ? but I thought we already did that? what happened ? News-artemis-spacesuits

Is 2024 just a bit too ambitious ? Image Credit: NASA
A recent analysis has cast doubt on the ambitious timetable currently set out for a manned lunar landing.
Back in 2019, Vice President Mike Pence announced that US astronauts would walk on the lunar surface within a mere 5 years through NASA's ongoing Artemis program.

"Since the end of Apollo 11, we've forged incredible breakthroughs in our technology that have allowed us to go further, more safely in space than ever before," he said.

"We have the technology to go the moon and renew American leadership in human space exploration."

"Just as the United States was the first nation to reach the moon in the 20th century, so too will we be the first nation to return astronauts to the Moon in the 21st century."

But with the 2024 deadline fast approaching, just how viable is it that this can still be accomplished ?

According to a recent audit report by NASA's office of inspector general, the agency "will be hard-pressed" to put humans on the Moon "any date close to this ambitious goal" without "strong, consistent, sustained leadership from the president... as well as stable and timely funding."

Plans to place a 'Lunar Gateway' outpost in orbit around the Moon are also looking unlikely to come to fruition in time for the mission due to "further schedule delays and cost increases."

It has also been speculated that upcoming US President Joe Biden could reprioritize climate change research, thus diverting funds and resources away from the Artemis program.

"Over the past decade, our oversight work has found NASA consistently struggling to address each of these significant issues and the Artemis mission's accelerated timetable will likely further exacerbate these challenges," the report reads.

As things stand, it will be surprising if NASA does manage to land humans on the Moon so soon.

Source: Sky News

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/340867/can-we-still-land-humans-on-the-moon-by-2024

Thanks to: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum