OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives

Posted on April 28, 2021 by jilldennison 

Mayur Shelke is a superhero.  Nope, not Batman nor Superman nor even Pikachu, but a real flesh & blood hero.  Mayur is a railway worker in India, and on April 17th, he was working at Vangani station about 60 miles out of Mumbai.  Meanwhile, a partially blind mother and her 6-year-old son were walking next to the tracks.
Suddenly, somehow the child broke loose from his mother and tumbled over the edge of the platform and into the path of an oncoming train … a train that would never have been able to stop in time to keep from running over the child.  Mayur Shelke saw the boy fall and jumped into action, seemingly without a second thought …
“I ran towards the child but also thought that I might be in danger too. Still, I thought I should save him. The woman was visually impaired. She could do nothing. The child who is someone’s precious child, too.  My child is the apple of my eye, so must that boy in peril have been to his parents. I just felt something stir within me and I rushed without thinking twice.”
The entire remarkable incident might have gone unremarked—except that the whole thing was caught on CCTV cameras. Shelke says he hadn’t even mentioned it at home fearing he’d be scolded for putting himself in harm’s way. In a matter of days, the viral video took the Internet by storm.

https://youtu.be/KpQpULsis70

Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives Mayur-shelke

The railway held a small ceremony to honour Mr. Shelke for his bravery, and they also presented him with ₹50,000 (about $660 USD).  And you might think that this is the end of this story, yes?  No, it isn’t.  When Mr. Shelke received the reward, he gave half of it to the family of the little boy whose life he had saved …
“I’ll give half of the amount, given to me as token of appreciation, for that child’s welfare & education. I came to know that his family isn’t financially strong. So I decided this.”
Damn … I want to shake this man’s hand!  This, my friends, is a hero … no, not the comic book kind, not the sort you might see in movies, but a real life hero.  Thank you, Mayur Shelke, for saving a young child’s life.

One week ago today, Edward Bomba was flagging traffic as the town crews patched the asphalt street in Seymour, Connecticut, when all of a sudden he dropped to the ground, convulsing, in the throes of, it was later determined, ventricular fibrillation.

Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives Robert-dillon

It just so happened that Robert Dillon, a USPS employee, was on the street delivering the mail … he had finished up, then realized he had forgotten to deliver one package, and it was that which put him within feet of Mr. Bomba as he convulsed on the ground.  Mr. Dillon immediately began CPR, keeping the blood flowing until paramedics arrived and took over, transporting Mr. Bomba to the hospital.

Good People Doing Good Things — Saving Lives Edward-bomba

Mr. Bomba is recovering, and according to his wife …
“He’s home and except for being tired, he’s fine.”
Now, granted Mr. Dillon didn’t throw himself in front of a moving train, but he still saved a life by being in the right place at the right time, and most importantly, knowing CPR, knowing what to do.  How many of us would?  I certainly wouldn’t.  My hat is off to Mr. Robert Dillon, another hero of the day!

Now, this ‘good people’ post is about saving lives, but I didn’t necessarily say that it was about saving human lives, did I?  Dogs are people too, and I think your heart will melt a little when you see this video of one dog, Jessie, rescuing her dog friend, a 15-year-old Toy Pom named Chucky, from their family’s pool in Johannesburg …

https://youtu.be/FD8J9BYEqo4

All that time, and Jessie never gave up!  What a hero!

See, my friends … heroes come in all shapes ‘n sizes, all species.

https://jilldennison.com/2021/04/28/good-people-doing-good-things-saving-lives/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum