OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty Random%20Acts%20of%20Kindness

Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty

Posted on June 29, 2022 by jilldennison 

A couple of weeks ago, I suggested you guys might have seen or experienced — or maybe even performed — a random act of kindness that would qualify as a ‘good people’ snippet, but since nobody jumped on that bandwagon, I shall tell one of my own from Monday afternoon.  I had made a rare trip to the grocery store for “just a few things” — sugar, zucchini, a red onion, and some cherry tomatoes.  Well, you all know how “just a few things” can sometimes turn into a bit more.  Since I only actually go into the grocery store about 3-4 times a year these days (I use the free pickup service most often), I was like a kid in a candy store!  To the essentials, I added a 7-pound bag of birdseed, some toaster egg pastries, a honeydew melon, and before I knew it I had 3 bags instead of the single bag I was anticipating.  Since I use my own reusable canvas bags, they hold a lot more than the average grocery bag, making them a bit on the heavy side.  So, I got home and being the stubborn mule that I am, I determined to carry all three in at one time, rather than make a second trip back out to the car.  (Miss Goose was out for a walk, else she would have been the one carrying them in.)  But then, there’s that four-inch rise to step up on the sidewalk in front of my house, and since the onset of my illness my balance is a bit off, I knew I had a problem.  So, I set one of the bags down on the sidewalk so I could use one hand to balance myself by holding on to the hood of the car, but I was still struggling to get onto the sidewalk.  The maintenance man for our apartment complex was working on the heat pump next door and saw me.  He immediately rushed over, took my arm, asked if I was alright, and helped me up onto the sidewalk.  He then insisted on carrying all three bags into the house for me.  Just a small thing?  Sure, but I was ever so grateful for his help … he didn’t have to do it, it isn’t part of his job to help an old lady whose too stubborn for her own good, but he’s a good person and so … he helped me.  This, my friends, means as much to me as someone who donates a million dollars to charity.  It’s those little acts of kindness that remind us of the bright side of humans.
Good People Doing Good Things — One And Thirty Paragraph-divider-2-e1539016744453
A few days ago, another ‘good people’ and one of our own blogging buddies, Scottie, sent me an email with a video and said he thought perhaps I could use it for a forthcoming ‘good people’ post.  Well … long story short … this one brought a tear to my eye more than once!   The video is less than 8 minutes long, but it felt like only a minute … there are 30 … yes, 30 good people highlighted on this post … some doing small things, others risking their own lives or even giving a million dollars to a worthy cause!  As the narrator says at one point, “This is what it means to always remain human.”  Thank you so much, Scottie — you are good people too, y’know!

https://youtu.be/XmcSh0GdPlc

https://jilldennison.com/2022/06/29/good-people-doing-good-things-one-and-thirty/
Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum