OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  Empty Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:35 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

2Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  Empty Re: Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:58 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Earth Day – I Don’t Support It

April 22, 2015 · by loveresponds · in Healing, Writings by Heather. ·

Earth Day: Give Earth a Hand  Self-centered-humans
I have many thoughts on this “Earth Day”.
First, I feel that we focus so much on specific environmental issues that we miss the big picture.
I see people wanting to teach about the monarch butterflies and their struggle handing out 10 pamphlets in a 5 minute period on how others can help the monarchs.  Those that want to ‘educate’ us on the deforestation are handing out bottled water in plastic to get our attention at their table during an event.   A food truck to give out mass produced, machined hot dogs (made from large farms with horrible conditions for the animals) to the masses to keep us at an “Earth Day” event…  oh… I could go on and on.  Handing out small tree seedlings in plastic bags and containers…  and on and on.
Second, I love how I am made to feel I am doing something great on Earth Day by consuming and ‘saving’ the Earth at the same time.  I received an e-mail today that stated I could save money and help save the Earth at the same time – just come in and consume from the ‘Earth Friendly’ companies – who still use plastic to sell their products and still support centralized food production causing us to spend more fuel to get it to where it is going.  Yeah, saving the Earth, huh?
Third, it seems that Earth Day often becomes a huge guilt trip. I am not saying that I don’t see how things need to change, but I also see where this guilt can result in the people supporting giving up their ‘rights’ in order to ‘protect’ the Earth.  After all, quite a bit of the Agenda 21 comes in the disguise of ‘saving the planet after we have trashed it’. We should take on the responsibility ourselves to find that balance.  To live a life that supports life in every way we can.  I am not perfect – I am far from it.  After all, I see my hypocrisy screaming out as I type this post on my laptop, using electricity, in a house bigger than we need, with a refrigerator running, and on and on…  I even took a hot shower last night.  However, my family is working towards a more balanced life and we are not consumers for the sake of ‘supporting the economy’, but we do have many of our own shifts to make despite the many we already have made.
Lastly, our goal should not be to protect the environment.  It should be to reflect on our life, our choices, our actions… and take the responsibility for how that ripples out – all the way.  Just because it is available does not mean we have to participate.  Just because everyone else is doing it does not mean our contribution does not add to the overall situation. It starts with each of us and we cannot expect others to take on our personal responsibility for us – that is ours to own and do something about!
Now, I have some work to do.  I do not like being a hypocrite – so I am going to do something about it.  Each step in the ‘right’ direction, no matter how small, will affect the rest.
Walk barefoot on the Earth and feel Her energy… start there.  Recognize that energy.  Then choose for yourself how you feel you should honor that or not.  We all have choices and there will always be consquences.
Much love,
Heather

Thanks to: http://loveresponds.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum