OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you.

by Rene

A famous German expression is: Glück muß man haben or loosely translated, may luck be with you.

The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you 62258319_10212215166169111_2105545289514352640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlNdD_IRE3tgafImgxF-iZm1jAvp7dQfiPdEJeYeWachQaYUs0hctvNnX5DWOimjLg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

After we retired from fostering, my sweet wife asked me what I was planning to do about an income. She said that even with no income, the bills kept coming in. Soon our savings will run out.

So I decided to ask the Universe to send opportunities my way.

The very next day, the phone rang and it was one of my friends, a satellite wholesale owner.
He asked whether I knew where to get used satellite receivers for the US channels. He said; how many do YOU have ? To which I responded; none.

He explained that the new provider of Canadian satellite channels had a one year promotion, if you turned in your receiver for the US channels and changed it for a Canadian receiver, they would give you $250 in free Canadian programming. And although I didn't have a clue, I told him that I would see what I could come up with.

The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you 62040659_10212215167809152_3866541726948655104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmsvGU5WxP9gc2zXT75lnpfhttySeOD5plUZlRDLsV1weSqd1omNgexjWHlGitR1uY&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

A search of the internet showed a company in Phoenix AZ offering used receivers for $25, if you bought 10 or more.
So I phoned them and asked how many they had. The fellow told me that he didn't know, but at least several hundred. I told him that I would take them all and he responded that he would count them and get back to me.

The next day he phoned and told me that he was up to 450 but still had lots more. A few days later he phoned again to inform me that they had counted 850, with still more to go.
Well, when he finally finished counting, the total was 1165 used receivers. He said; if you take them all, you can have them for $15 each.

I said it's a deal. I had to max out all our credit cards to pay for them and phoned my friend with the good news. Boy was I excited.
He said, that he would sell them to his dealers who in turn would provide them to their customers so they could take advantage of the promotion.

The next day the Phoenix seller phoned me again to tell me that they were ready for shipping, all 19 pallets. He even emailed me a picture of what these 19 pallets looked like.
And then he sprung a shocker by asking; HOW DO WANT THEM SHIPPED ? 

The shipping had never crossed my mind, I had never even thought about that and didn't know what to say.
The Phoenix seller said, I'm going for lunch right now and I usually go to a nearby truckstop, I'll ask them.

An hour later he phoned again and said; good news, you're in luck.
He said: At the truckstop was a Canadian trucker who urgently needed to go within a 100 miles of where you live to attend to a family emergency. He was all excited that he didn't have to drive empty or wait for a load and he is willing to deliver them to your door for $2400 and you can pay him when he gets there. This worked out to about an extra $2 per receiver. So I agreed and two days later, a tractor / trailer drove up our driveway.

My friend committed himself to take all over an one year period at $95 each. This created the steady income that we needed.
About a year later, totally coincidentally, I turned on the TV and they were interviewing the president of this satellite programming provider. He proudly announced that the trade-in program had been a howling success, more than 1000 receivers had been turned in.

NEVER DOUBT THAT WITH THE HELP OF THE UNIVERSE, YOU CREATE YOUR OWN LUCK!

The Germans say: Glück muß man haben or may luck be with you 62139599_10212215168489169_1336313593079005184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQlxFs2WFRPNg6z9YEs3Js5j9vxYI-C-EQlgTD9npUcJ_vbAqOz9UN1sr37QQQO2Od8&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

NOTE: What I consider the Universe.
The totality of God, your angels, your spirit guides, all family members who have passed over and any pet that you have cared for.
With support like that, how can you go wrong ?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum